Made Less Logical by Original Sin

Friday, January 05, 2007

Alphabetical files and egg nog

Yay! I finally got my mp3 player to play songs in a nice order (it's a very simple RCA Lyra that doesn't do anything fancy like different folders or playlists). It's awfully nice not to have a random "after 12" dance song sandwiched between sublime works of Palestrina. I did have to resort to renaming everything... A1, A2, A3, etc for orchestral; B1,B2 etc for Bach choral pieces; C1, C2, etc. for counterpoint; DR1, etc for school dance type rock music; DW1, etc. for waltzes; P1, etc for songs from Patience; SM1, etc. for songs from the Sound of Music.

There must be somehing else besides my silly player... oh, yes, today I read the second half of a great book called (by its republisher) "How to Raise Good Catholic Children". It had a more poetic title when first published in the 50's by a mother of 7, but the new one is pretty descriptive. It's an encouraging book in the same way the families you see around our school are encouraging.

I also started making an Epiphany cake- well, so far only the frosting. Now that the kitchen is cleaned up from dinner, though, I'll see about the rest. Has anyone here ever tried whipping Egg Nog? Like whipped cream? I'm going to see if it works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home