Made Less Logical by Original Sin

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Bye-bye, my baby, bye-bye

I just returned from school, where I sold my textbooks back to the college bookstore (The more than $250 was worth the two hours waiting in line)... and so my life as a community college student is over.

Adeo's ode to RV College: (with thanks to Phil Vasser)

Bye-bye,
Oh, I'll catch ya later-
got my left foot down on my accelerator
and my rear-view mirror torn off,
and I ain't never lookin' back, and that's a fact.

2 Comments:

Blogger tasik said...

Here's to Phil Vassar, who also sang, if I remember correctly "Just Another Day in Paradise"...

3:10 PM

 
Blogger Adeoamata said...

Yup.
I hadn't heard of him before Crossroads; two weeks later I knew all his songs by heart. To me, driving to Las Vegas and "the girl in that little red rodeo; Texas plates, a candy-apple red Rodeo.." are forever linked.

Imagine a bunch of crazy kids walking down the highway through the Mojavi desert at 2 AM belting out "I got some rice cookin' in the microwave; I got a three-day beard I don't plan to shave...

and it's a GREAT DAY to be alive
I know the sun's still shinin when I close my eyes. There's some hard times in the neighborhood, but why can't every day be just this good?"
One kid made it his goal to learn every verse before the end of the summer. It got to the point where soemone could say "it's a great" and everyone would chime in with the rest. Pretty fun stuff. I don't like all his songs though.

5:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home