Made Less Logical by Original Sin

Monday, April 16, 2007

Snow and Tests

Hello from a well-rested Adeoamata.
I got up this morning to the sound of howling wind, gushing water (think of the fountain-like sounds of the Flood of 2005), and sleet pounding against the window pane.
Dutifully rolling out of bed to say my prayers, I hoped beyond all hopes that school would be cancelled. There was little chance of that, though, because they hadn't cancelled it the last time I went slip-sliding down the highway for almost 3 hours to get to class.
The school website had no sign of cancellation, and as I waited for weather.com to load, my Dad called my cell phone. "Don't drive if you don't have to"= don't go to a crack-of-dawn Mass, especially before you know whether you have school.
Meanwhile, each of my siblings' schools closed, and after some thought and conference with Mom, I decided to stay home as well. I wrote a note to each of my teachers, and crawled back into bed at a quarter to 7. I slept until 11:30 and could still use more. :)

Other stuff on the plate for this week: studying and taking an online test about vitamins and minerals, preparing for a debate on mothers' nursing their children (I get to argue in favor, Deo gratias!), taking the the exam with is my ONLY shot this semester at getting credit for my independant study Physics II, and a biology test. I also am getting my second dental filling- neither the hygenist nor the dentist could find the little cavity until I pointed it out, but they said there was one there, and they'd fill it for me if I twisted their arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home