Made Less Logical by Original Sin

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Notes from a water bubble in an oil world

Howdy, folks.

I apologize in advance, this post is going to have a distinctively negative tone.

You never can escape the cross. At TAC I was always busy, usually too talkative, and very often on the downhill side of an emotional rollarcoaster. Now, however, I rarely have anything that really seems worthwhile to do (Although there's plenty of mundane stuff to fill the day- although I know that this should be worthwhile anyway if it's for God's glory, but like Kakashi noted about working in the sacristy vs. the kitchen, it's easier to do some things that way.) In my little bubble of cultural isolation, there are very few triggers for any kind of emotion and certainly no reason to talk (at school) beyond "please" and "thank you". I guess the best way to describe this world out here is "unstimulating". [To the point that I composed this blog in my head but had almost no inclination to type it out and post it, besides telling myself that it was dumb to complain about being lonely to myself.] It may seem funny to contrast TAC (with its geographic isolation and relative cultural undiversity) as overstimulating, but maybe it is in certain ways.

I'll be there in 8.5 weeks and counting. I literally shed a tear or two of joy over the prospect a few minutes ago.

There is, however, so much to be done now and so many opportunities that won't come around again in the same way. I just wish this haze of boredom would go away so that I could embrace them more fully.

A poor man with a vocal tic has been sitting at the next table and staring at me while I write, so I better not be too much longer. I'm pretty sure he's not malicious, but you know...

God bless you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home