Made Less Logical by Original Sin

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snow Days

Fiat nix!
... the prayers of every child in the county were answered yesterday when a "wintry mixture" of snow, rain, and ice pellets gave everyone a St. Valentine's Day at home. Even my dad worked from home because of the weather. I found that icey snow is a great thing to wash your car with- no wasted water, no soap, no dirty rags, and the slight abrasiveness of the tiny ice balls is enough to scrub off the dirt and salt without hurting the paint. The price is right, too.
Today, the grammar and high schools were still closed. My school was not, but as I was walking out the door to go to Mass and then class, my Mom told me to stay home. I only had one short class this morning, anyway.
On the exciting-stuff front: I'm in the process of switching organic chemistry sections. I was in the twice-a-week 6-10 pm section, and this semester it just wasn't working out. Now I'll be in the bright-n-early thrice-a-week 8:30 AM section. The tricky thing is that my very first class on Monday will be a major exam. I don't think it will matter too much, though, because it should be pretty similar to the exam I would have been taking on Monday night, anyway.
Happy St. Valentine's Day to all, to the engaged as well as the not hardly. God bless us, every one.
I did end up going to the cathedral last week. I think it will be generally agreed that special blessings, etc., are not for the sake of "feeling special", or feeling anything else for that matter. (Do you ask for any Father's blessing just to feel special?!) Of course, the Bishop's blessing wasn't for me, since I'm not a health care professional yet, but you have to admit that Catholic doctors and nurses are working in a culture set against them... and they need all the grace they can get!(Alright, Tasik, my gentle reprimand is over- let it go into cyberspace paired with tons of sisterly love.)
Tonight, weather cooperating, I'm going to give a talk on Crossroads to the Knights of Columbus for fundraising concerns... God willing, I can infect them with a little of the awesomely contagious enthusiasm of the walk. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger tasik said...

:)

4:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home