Made Less Logical by Original Sin

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Spontaneity

This morning I built a snowman.
In Virginia.
The snow was falling in fist-sized clumps out of the sky, and it took just a few minutes to get a few huge balls ready. The snow was so warm and soft, though, that when I heaved the second ball into place, the bottom one fell apart like a smashed pumkin. We needed a little reconstructive surgery, but all is well now.

I just got home from an incredibly spur-of-the-moment trip down to Christendom College. Some Sisters were stopping over at our house on their way to the college's Discernment Weekend, and I asked to come along as they were walking out the door. They called their superior; she said alright; I stuffed my toothbrush and a few extra skirts in a backpack and hopped in the van and was on my way to Virginia!

It was my first time there during the school year (I stopped by once during the summer) and I was impressed... the people seem pretty much like my own dear schoolmates. I guess fish out of the same pond would look alike. When people asked where I was from, I usually told them my school before my homestate, because it was more to the point in explaining why I was (or wasn't) there. The responses that I got were fun. I think they think about us more than we do about them (Which is pretty much never.) but we had a lot of good-humored school-pride bantering this weekend. :o)

Au revior!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home